Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Georgia Tulips

I love red quilts.....I have seen quite a few quilts in blog land inspired by the front cover of the book Georgia Quilts edited by Anita Zaleski Weinraub, and why wouldn't you be inspired by the fabulous colours! I love red!

This quilt was made about two years ago for a local exhibition. I hadn't done any string constructed patchwork, and didn't have enough scraps to start, so I pulled out all my Flea Market Fancy fabrics, and my Kaffe shot cottons and used a stack and slash method to achieve the random arrangement of a string quilt. The shot cottons have lent an old world look to the quilt.


I agonised over the quilting, whether to do traditional cable style, or gridding, but in the end my laziness took over...I didn't want to do any tracing or marking on the quilt, I decided that after outlining the tulips, the quilting would be done using free motion, it was quite fun to do especially the little butterflies!

Sorry about the quality of some of the photos...I am not sure what I am doing wrong...but I hope to find out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment