Friday, August 26, 2011

Too Much Pink is barely enough!

A couple of weeks ago  I blogged about feeling very distracted not knowing what projects I wanted to be working on...so I have given in to myself and started (yes I know!) something I have been wanting to do for ages, but haven't because I already had a pink quilt (Pink Blooms) that wasn't done...well now that's finished, and there is yaaaardage of pink fabrics in my cupboard I have started making Peppermint Sparkle, out of Applique Outside the Lines (Piece O' Cake Designs)...it all starts with the background, from your favourite pastel pinks...


Then playing around with fabric and shapes...


Starting to take form now....


Luvin' that hot pink! I have used Visoflex to iron the fabric shapes onto the background...


The next bit is already to go, I like to cut out the centres of the visoflex pieces so it is easier to do the quilting as the quilt is not too stiff, and the fabric doesn't bubble once it's washed.


I will be raw edge appliqueing the pieces down, once the top is complete...I am enjoying putting this together, so this is what I will be working on this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I came over from the SBM. I love all things bright and quirky too! I think I'm going to love your blog. :) Look forward to following along, hope you don't mind a new follower!
    xo
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete