Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Just an impulse purchase!


After last weeks colour explosion using my Prints Charming scrap fabrics, I was craving using some more colour.

In December, I had the opportunity to visit the Material Obsession shop in Sydney, and under the guise of "Mummy's Santa gift", this kit found it's way into my suitcase, the quilt is about 84" square. Look at all the applique....what was I thinking!!


Anyway, not to be deterred, I decided to start with the most manageable part of the quilt, which is of course the nine patches....


So many yummy fabrics, I am going to have a lot of fun putting this quilt together.....luving these Tammis owls with the Kaffe spot....


Kaffe roman glass and Brandon Mably....


Going mad with a Brandon Mably pairing....


Kaffe Millefiore, and Brandon again...


Amy Butler, and is that Dena Designs stripe?


Amy Butler and a classic white and black spot...


I had fun pairing these up, and I thought you would enjoy the eye candy! Now I just have to decide on how to do the applique...I am thinking that machine raw edge applique might be the most achievable for me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment