Monday, January 2, 2012

Work in Progress - 2011

What a blast 2011 was, participating in the online quilting world for the first time, but I must say some of my older projects have languished whilst I was sewing up a storm with my Japanese x and + blocks, the Farmer's Wife Blocks, the swaps, and of course my first quilt-a-long the Block-a-Plooza.


1. Pink Scrap baskets, 2. FWQAL (20) Churn Dash, 3. Japanese x and + blocks all sewn up, 4. 4x5 Modern Quilt Bee block, 5. Block-a-palooza Block 14, 6. Lily's Quilt-a-long, 7. Supernova Strips, 8. Whirly Gig, 9. Whimsical Basket, 10. Whimsical Basket, 11. Lynette Anderson - Scandinavian Christams, 12. Peppermint Sparkle

My poor Supernova quilt never got to shine...it's still in strips...is it destined to be a UFO? I did "quilting avoidance" and didn't quilt my Whimsical Basket...it's been a UFO for nearly 5 years, so what's another year?  But I am definitely going to quilt it this year!


And I got all fired up and finished my Sue Ross blocks, and was ready to do the strip setting until I realised that there is a border on four of the blocks which requires about forty circles to be appliqued on, and because I have made all the blocks by hand, I want to needle turn applique the circles...sigh...


So what's next I hear you say...first cab of the rank is to get my Modern Bee blocks finished and posted by the 16th January, and I would like to get the pink scraps quilt top done for an online showing on the 16th January, and I still want to join in on the Bloggers BOM over at Canton Quilt Works.

As I am not working for the next few weeks I will be quilting with the local guild for a few days, so I thought I would like to work on the Block-a-Palooza quilt...


and also use the space out there to pin my Peppermint Sparkle quilt...


My plans for the year include trying to be less distracted by online projects, work more on projects that really move me in a creative way, and continue to improve my hand work with the Lynette Anderson Scandinavian Christmas....so we shall see how we go...I am not very good at sticking to plans!

But you know what, as long as I am sewing I am happy!

3 comments:

  1. Wow you did sew up a storm. You have lots of beautiful work in those mosaics.
    I have to get moving on my Sue Ross blocks I'm way behind.
    I adore the Peppermint Sparkle quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made some fab quilt blocks this year! Here's to another year of online sewing fun, and good luck finishing some of those WIPs. :) Thanks for linking up at Craft Buds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the block a palooza blocks, lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete