Friday, May 4, 2012

Goin' on a Quilt Retreat

Woot...Woot...Every year the Darwin Patchworkers and Quilter's plan a quilt retreat to Mount Bundy. This is a working cattle station about 150 kms south of Darwin, about 25 ladies take the opportunity to get out of town for three days and sew and sew and sew! And it is happening this weekend, and I am excited!


I didn't get to go last year as my youngest brother 's wedding clashed with the retreat, but this year I have been able to organise myself to go...there is never a right time to go away for three nights when you are a mother of three...so I have pushed through the pain barrier, and I am GOING!

I am taking way too many projects so goodness knows what I will actually get done, and in fact looking for photos for this post I found this photo of the project I started two years ago, that is yet to be completed!


I had forgotten how gorgeous it is...it's a project from the Piece O'Cake designs book...Applique Outside the Lines, so maybe I will do that!

Or maybe I could go horse riding...


or just wander around and soak up the serenity!


But most likely I will be SEWING.....Happy quilting..P.S. And it is a long weekend here in the Northern Territory :)

2 comments:

  1. Have a stitchin weekend......looks like a fantastic place to spend a few days at......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilt retreats are the best!! I'm going to one in a few weeks. Have fun and I hope you get lots done.

    ReplyDelete