Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas

Christmas is almost upon us, the last part of this year has just flown by, particularly since my return from Houston, when you bring home an extra 20 kilos of fabric and books, it takes a while to squeeze everything into the cupboards :)

My favourites things from Houston,  that were the last to go away into the cupboard were these darling dresden plates...I have 20 of these babies...these fabrics are so cute...



Whilst in Houston there were so many stores that sold felt, and I eventually succumbed to these projects.....


I left them out for a while because I thought I might work on them for this Christmas, but alas that didn't  happen...time conspired against me...as usual ! Note gorgeous hand dyed felt!



What I have been working on is a small gift for a friend, I had been playing around with my aboriginal fabrics a little while ago and made this...



 ...and really liked how the colours came together, so I used the scraps to make this little A4 quilt, it will sit flatter once I have finished sewing the binding on.



...the stamps are really fun, I am going to try and use them again.




And of course the "small" project that gets a bit of work from time to time, is my Mrs Billings quilt, it's looking quite smart! Although a little small still :(



And as I have a couple of weeks off soon I am hoping to get some work done it, unless I get side tracked onto something else of course...but the thing I really want to say today is Merry Christmas! I hope you all have a lovely time with your family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas!!! Love those dresdans, I'm working on a dresdan quilt at the moment. Your Mrs Billings quilt is wonderful!! Have you seen the new DS range coming out next year, Shelburne Falls. Your aboriginal fabric quilts are wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete