Wednesday, February 27, 2013

It's Official...No Quilting here

Officially quilting avoidance has commenced, I blogged a couple of weeks ago here that I had finished my scrappy trip top, I have even made up the backing, and pinned the thing....but not a quilting stitch has occurred....so what have I been doing?

Remember this book....


 and this pattern...


and these little string blocks, well I have finished the 32 string blocks...


And I have made a couple of little basket blocks....



with different baskets....



and then I had this other block I had cut out from before Christmas, so that got sewn together.



Tutorial for this block can be found over at...Bloomin' Workshop. It will be included in a red and white sampler I want make...I am going to include these blocks from the Bloggers BOM...but it's slow boiler...not sure when it will be done  :)

And I also have been doing some hand sewing... I will show you that soon. Saturday, is a day at the guild's club rooms...maybe I will do quilting there....but maybe I won't...sigh...really need to get on with this quilting !

5 comments:

  1. How fun...the string blocks really add to the piece.

    Visiting from WIP Wednesday. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blocks! They strings look great around the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those basket blocks are so fun! Love the scrappy-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your colorful basket blocks and the string piecing around them. This will turnout to be one beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love string quilts and they look wonderful with your baskets! Are you doing the Gwen Marston classes when she's in Sydney in July? I'm doing both days at Cottage Quilt Works.

    ReplyDelete